Tuesday, June 5, 2012

So Long, Sugar

I must be going crazy.

Seriously, it's one thing for Jeremy to fill me in on his plan to cut all pop and desserts out of his life for the month of June. He was inspired to do it with a group of friends. As I listened to his ambition I was very proud of him to determine to do that. 

But then came the part where he asked ME to jump on the bandwagon. I scoffed at the idea and told him, "I think it's a great idea - for you!" (isn't it always easier that way?) 

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I don't want to just sit on the sidelines this time. It's true, I'M WEAK... I'm a sucker for sugar.... but when I expressed this to Jeremy, he said, "No, you could do it." And he meant it. 

So I'm goin' for it. My eating of this delicious Subway chocolate chip cookie leftover from lunch marks the beginning of the health kick that Jeremy and I will be on - all the while counting down the days til July 4!!  

(Or maybe by then it won't even matter anymore and I won't have any desire for junk food. Yeah sure, I'd like to think that. I'll admit, I'm getting a little excited for this. And not at all sure what I'm getting into....)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh good for you! I went on a diet in October that cut all sugar and most breads(it was in two three week stages). I was hoping my desire for sugar would stay gone since I stopped craving it but it came back eventually :o( NOT saying that yours will, but I have huge sugar addicitons. So yeah... I keep forgetting to tell you, Kendra LOVED that little picture you made for her. She put it on the fridge right next to your picture :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Jeremy convinced you. Thanks for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi this is mom. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!