Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Claim this Song - This One is for ME Tonight :-)


I am tired.

Life is tiring. 

I want my life to be purposeful.

Make my heart be still before your majesty, God. 

The one place I can truly find rest
from all this chaos and discouragement 
is before your throne. 

David had it right, as he praised you with his songs in the still places. 

Mary had it right, as she listened at your feet,
enjoying the gift of your presence more than anything else. 

Feed my soul with your words, Bread of Life.

My heart cries out for meaning, 
and then runs from the very thing that can fulfill it. 

My quiet time with you. 

Help me not be afraid by the fear in me. 
Help me not be owned by the things that I own. 
Help me not fight my flesh with more flesh. 
(There is definitely a war within.)

But at your throne

My flesh fades and the devil flees. 
My enemies cannot coexist in your presence. (Glory be!)

So find me here, Jesus. Over and over again. 

At your feet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!