Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wisconsin Weekend

Wow. 

This is me. 

Here. 

I've been in Wisconsin all weekend. It was with four other Faith students - 3 of which I had only said "hellos" to prior to this trip. We all applied to go and present FBBC to churches of the midwest, and by God's sovereign grace we all found ourselves on this team spending a weekend of volleyball, fast food, and the outer perimeters of our comfort zone. 

I realized that I judge people too quickly sometimes, just by the front cover of their lives when there's really so much more to be read of them. Every individual person is complex, and I should give them the credit of not stereotyping or labeling them as a "type." 

I realized tonight that I am looking forward to spring break more than I thought I was. In the mirror I look myself in the eyes and see redness and readiness for a break. 

On that same note, I spent a blessed and glorious hour on the phone talking with my family this evening. It was so enjoyable simply to be passed from one member to the next and filling each other in on "the scoop." We all agree that we can't wait to talk together live and in person! 
(Only 5 more days....)

I'm really kind of excited to watch some tv. My two biggies that I am anticipating are first of all, the Amelia Erheart movie that is supposed to tell the story of her life - I am totally captivated by that era and it looks like it should be a really great movie!
Also, I think a little Full House would be fun to see. Maybe that's just my mood this particular night. 

Anyway, I could chat for quite a while, but sadly, I must wrap this up for now. Spring break is going to be a most welcome and wonderful opportunity to catch up on this blogging thing.... 

:-) Smiles to you this night. Thanks for reading, Friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!