Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Lodge: 8:43 PM

Everybody bustles around me as I sit in the now familiar camp lodge. 

Some people help in the kitchen, as Mrs. Loftus prepares sandwich lunches for our hike up the mountain tomorrow. 

The SALT (junior) counselors unload their suitcases from the van, having just arrived from ministering at church this weekend. 

Dave (our resident world traveler) has arrived, at the same weekend that his parents came up to visit, and they are wondering the campground somewhere.... 

Six year old Toby sits at the table finishing his taco dinner under his father's command. :-) 

Spencer is down in the chapel pavillion setting up "The Emporer's New Groove" so we can watch it tonight (complete with popcorn!). 

And I sit. 
Not very helpful I know, but just thinking about the wonderful blessing of church at Emmanuel Baptist this morning. 
And how much I'm going to miss this state. 
These people. 
I better jump in and find a place I can help, because the buzz is still going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!