Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Easier Said than Done

Obedience = Love. If I say I love, but I don't show with my actions I desire to please the one I love, then I'm a liar. If all of my actions line up with what's right, but I'm not obeying out of love, then it is worthless.
John 14, James 1:22-24, I John 1

I can't live in the past, or in the future. Wherever I am, be ALL there! (along the same lines, it is wrong to fear the future, or manipulate it. That's God's realm, not mine.)

Don't stress about what other people are thinking. Because I can't read their thoughts, therefore I am stressing about something I don't even know is true.

Do the right thing, even if it's the HARD thing.

God wants my life to look more like His character. But He knows the fragile stuff I'm made of... He does not expect perfection from my own strength. He calls me to Holiness (completely separated for His loving purpose). That is my motivation that determines the direction of my life.

It's so easy to say - much harder to do.
But He promises to help me through.

And that's what keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!