Thursday, January 13, 2011

Attempted Coffee Date

I should be working on writing a summary for a Teaching Math assignment, but I am drawn to my blog instead.
(I'm justifying it with the fact that blogging is on my to-do list too.... Lame excuse, I know.)

So tonight a fellow RA friend and I were going to enjoy coffee together and catch up on life during the Christmas break. But we found that it was too late to go to the local coffee shop and have any substantial amount of time to sit and talk before they close. So we went to the school coffee shop. Let's just say, any interruption that could happen, DID happen!

There was pool to play, and people to talk to, and tv to watch.....
Needless to say, we ended up hardly talking to each other all night!
True, some of that was us creating the distractions, but still, we found out a piece of advice to pass along to any unsuspecting souls looking to have a deep, meaningful conversation -

DO NOT attempt it in the campus coffee shop!!!

While you will get great coffee, great stimulation, and a great assortment of people to talk to, you'd better find a quiet corner to hole up into if you want to spend any quality time with just you and them.

But how can I complain? I can only be thankful that we live on such an ultra friendly campus, and that coffee has the most uncanny gift of bringing people together for the lively "fellowship of the brothers." :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've read your blog, and I just wanted to say that that happens to me and friends far too often! Distractions happen nearly everywhere, so sometimes I feel like kidnapping the friend until we can get a good talk in, haha. ;) Keep up the blogging, lady! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!