Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today in a Nutshell

So, I sat down to blog and a ton of thoughts just went scurrying through my brain...

Sanctity of life day at church! Pastor spoke on Psalm 139 and how awesome it is that God made each one of us fearfully and wonderfully.
Note to self: After that message today, I'm so inspired to look into the possibility of volunteering at the "Alpha Women's Center" (a pregnancy counseling center/salvation army for women). Pastor wasn't trying to recruit for them or anything, but it's been a little desire of mine at the back of my mind for more than a year now. This may be an open door to grow my own faith immensely, while at the same time sharing the truth of God's Word with ladies who are in desperate need of it's security. Could God possibly let it happen??....
I mean, I say I'm "pro-life." What am I doing to actually act on that?

My fingers have some pretty solid callouses on them from practicing guitar for an hour and a half after I got back from church :-)

I watched Pirates 3 (indirectly). More like, it was being played in the apartment lobby so I lounged in the chair and listened to the movie while I read my homework.

I only napped for 15 minutes. The rest of the afternoon was spent on homework and laundry. That's a HUGE accomplishment!

Finished a journal. Now I get to start the adorable journal Heather got me for Christmas! It has bird graphics and says "Joy comes in the morning." The colors are cheery, but muted. It kind of reminds me of a patchwork quilt. I'm so thrilled to start writing in it.

Way fun time of fellowship after church tonight! I am so refreshed and ready to dive into this week after the sweet time of solid preaching from God's Word and also the laughs with Amelia and Kimberly and the others that ride our church van.

Well, I suppose that's enough from the Peanut Gallery.... Get it? "Nutshell. Peanut..." This is an all around "nutty" post! lol okay I'm going to bed.

Oooh, but one more thing that happened today - I browsed through one of my Wyoming picture albums on facebook! Man, I miss that place super muchly. So I will leave you with this pic to make you smile before you head to bed as well :-)



2 comments:

  1. Volunteering at the AWC would be a fantastic opportunity, You should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Nick! I applied for it, so we'll see what happens :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!