Sunday, September 30, 2012

* F A D E *

I wrote this several weeks ago as God was first laying it on my heart. And it's still something I am learning.... It's not about me.

Some days I serve with earnest passion
My soul stands firm in its conviction
I have no doubts
I trust in you
And proclaim it to the world

But in those times when I'm forgotten
All those little victories
That seems no one is watchin'
Bring to mind
That you are God
Without You there wouldn't be a me

I will gladly step out of the spotlight
And I will gladly.... F A D E

When I fade the most
Is when you shine the brightest
So what do I have to brag?
What do I have to boast
when I clamor with a million others
all fighting for the spotlight?
It's all vain
My flesh will fail me
Someone will always come along and do it better

You are the one who never fails
Instead I'll give you center stage
And I will gladly.... F A D E

What do I have to offer?
Lord, what can these hands bring?
Here, you take the center stage
And I will gladly.... F A D E

"He must increase, I must decrease."  - John the Baptist


2 comments:

  1. I wish I was home right now. I heard a tune for this as soon as I read it. Thanks for sharing Janell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed to read this... Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!