Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mushy Oatmeal Revelations

In the dark quiet of the morning, with my quick, oh-so-healthy ;-) oatmeal breakfast before work, I read these words from Charles Spurgeon

"We do not ask to be entranced or to see an angel in shining apparel, but we do ask that by faith we may see Jesus. May His presence be so evidently realized among us that we may rejoice as well as if our eyes beheld Him. May we love, trust, and worship Him as earnestly as we would if we could now put our fingers into the print of the nails." 

How will it alter the way I live today if I keep the thought of those beloved scars at the forefront of my mind? Just because I do not see His loving smile or gingerly finger those scars does not make them any less real. 

Christians of this century are so blessed with the opportunity to be among those who have not seen, yet have believed. 

Only because of His grace. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good reminder, dear.

    P.s. Love the post title. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!