Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Red Letter Living

Backwards?

Yes I am. :-)

* "When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" *

Extreme?

Yes I am. :-) 

* " If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." *

Radical?

Yes I am. :-) 

* "Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me." *

Reasonable? 
Yes, of course it is. :-) 

* "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God,which is your reasonable service." * 

The road is narrow, but it is beautiful. The price to pay for following Christ is SO costly, but SO worth it. And I'm not perfect.... But a little meditation on the words of Jesus puts things so much clearer into focus! 

Signed,
Struggling to Live Unashamed

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing with me!