Sunday, September 4, 2011

Meet some old friends of mine!


"You may have tangible wealth untold,
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold;
Richer than I you can never be,
I had parents who read to me."
- S. Gilliland

I just finished reading an assigned book for Teaching Language Arts, "Honey for a Child's Heart." This book reminded me how truly thankful I am for all those little silly stories that both mom and dad read to me as a kid! They didn't take Jeremy and me on far away vacations, but they definitely took us to far away worlds through the amazing avenue of books. I didn't realize at the time how blessed I am to have parents that were willing to make reading a priority in our lives. Here are some of the best books we read in those days....


















I can't wait to share them with a class of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!