Monday, August 22, 2011

An Invitation

I have to admit, when I got to school and found out I was going to have a dorm room to myself, I was a little bit bummed about it.
I was hoping to help welcome a freshman roommate to Faith, or to get to know someone better whom I had just vaguely known beforehand. But alas, no roomie at all. Just me, myself, and I, and who knows what insanity could break out when THOSE 3 get together! haha (my lame attempt at some midnight humor).

Anyway, tonight after supper, I came back to the room to add some decorations to the walls so the room would feel a little more "lived in." For at least a whole 10 minutes I didn't know what to do with myself. It was just too quiet and just not much happening.

And then suddenly, a knock on the door.... And another one.... A group of friends - some I knew well, and others I'm still getting to know - decided to knock on the door for one reason or another, and then just ended up staying.
I enjoyed every minute of it.

This evening, just hanging around, chatting with my girls while I slowly but surely got some pictures arranged and posters hung, was total contentment. Who knew that having a room by myself would be such a blast!? It turns out it's all the more of an invitation for people to stop by :-)

And my door's always open to them. I may be hard at work in the middle of a paper ;-) but still, they are welcome company anytime!

1 comment:

  1. And its also a challenge to reach out ;) hope you have a good year Janell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!