Saturday, August 6, 2011

"New" Brother

Looking at Wesley tonight, I realized something. He was just sitting across from me on the couch, showing me his latest favorite video game. His face was lighting up with 6 year old innocence as he chattered on about how to work the controls. (which I already knew :-)




Suddenly, it struck me. This is not just my little brother that I really should be nice to and show love to. He is my "new" brother in Christ!
He became a Christian at the beginning of the summer. Since that point, our relationship is rooted in our common bond in Christ - his being so sweet and fresh. Yet both of us are not so very different. Both of us are very much still growing and maturing in our faith of what God can do, and even more important, who He is.




I am so thankful to be on this journey WITH you now, little brother. So thankful that God saved your soul and made us not only part of the same family in this fleeting life, but part of God's family

for eternity.


4 comments:

Thanks for sharing with me!