Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Take Me There

I've got South Africa on the brain!....

I just read an update from the Children's Village where I will be - God-willing - in just a couple short months. I eagerly look forward to seeing what He will do with this year of of surprises and opportunities.
A passage comes to mind that I've been mulling over all day.
"For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of THY hands." Psalm 90:4 (emphasis mine) When I think of all that it will take to travel there, and then once I am there, all the little things that will be different and difficult, I can only say the words of Psalm 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass."

The Lord knows my heart.
He knows my fears that He will not answer this prayer with a yes.
He knows my fears that if His will really is for me to be there, even then I might not be all I should be for His glory.
He knows this longing of my heart, how I want to be there.

Trust in Him is so easy to say, but through this He is challenging me to DO.
And I can't wait to see what HE does!
"This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes." Psalm 118:23

Just watch the smiling dark eyes in this video and tell me you don't want to be there!.... :-)

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait to read the future stories of your time in South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where exactly are you going? I hope it'll be somewhere close to us so we can arrange to meet up one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great! I'd love to meet you and your fun family. I'm going to Bethesda Children's Village. It's in the Pretoria/Hammanskraal area, about 45 min north of Joburg. (I'm pretty sure this is correct. I'm getting my information from google maps on that one :-)
    I've been to South Africa once before, but I didn't do any of the driving...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful!!! That's very close to us - we live in Pretoria and Hammanskraal is just north of the actual city.

      Looking forward to meeting you ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing with me!