Monday, June 21, 2010

For His Glory and My Good


Dear Friends,  

     This week I was privelidged to hear the history of the camp I am working at for the summer, as well as the history of the church we attend in town. All this new info has just amazed me how sovereign are the thoughts and ways of God!  He has a guiding hand on this wonderful church in Wyoming, ever since the very first day of its development. He is also controlling the camp ministry of Red Cliff high up in the mountains, and He is keeping a watchful eye on the kids attending VBS at my church back home... 

     And He does it all without ever sleeping or ever sacrificing one set of plans for the good of the other. He knows who to bring together at exactly what point in both of their lives. He can use one person from the church in Wyoming to affect a person in Alaska to come down to work at the camp. He can use connections with a good old friend to lead me to come all the way out here to counsel at camp. 

It reminds me of when I am standing on top of the highest red cliff, overlooking everything below. From up there I can see every winding river and road, and how they intertwine and connect. God has that sort of view all the time in my life. He always knows what's around the next bend. 

Bottom line: Everything God does is to bring glory to Himself (because He is completely worthy of it.)
And somehow, everything He does also is in my very best interest (because He loves me so much. Romans 8:28) Think about that. Only a Being so great and so sovereign as God could weave all these plans together so perfectly.... 
And for that I praise Him this morning. 

Looking forward to meeting my first God-ordained cabin of Red Cliff girls, 
Jel :-) 

1 comment:

  1. I love your comments on the way God's actions bring glory to Himself AND is best for us, this truth is hard to comprehend. It is so incredible and yet we often take it for granted or don't realize it. Thanks Jel. I needed that reminder.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!