Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ramblings of a Sleepy Teacher

This evening (while printing off some more of the never-ending lesson plans) I had to ask myself, "Am I really doing this??" I just have to pinch myself or something.

See, here's the thing.
Teaching is so close to my heart. It's something I've always thought I loved, but never really had the chance to experience it this up close and personal.
I'm happily finding that it is something God has wired me to like.
This is why I loved jobs like waitressing and guest service desk in the past.... Because I love to multi-task, and I do like a little high pressure that comes with the job.
This is why I labored over Sunday School presentations when I would teach the kids in younger grades, because I wanted everything to be just so....
This is why I am someone who naturally wants to see everyone included - it just tears me up to see someone left out....
All these ways and more, God has prepared me for it.
This is why I love teaching.

I have to say, it's all it's cracked up to be for me!
(I missed a day of it today, and I am so ready to get back into the classroom :-)

I still make alot of mistakes at it. And I'm still pretty much a greenhorn right out of the chute (pardon me for using two random expressions at once ;-) But I acknowledge I'm still just exploring the tip of the ice berg (ANOTHER random expression!) I feel it might be time for bed.
But as usual, I had teaching on the brain, and I just wanted to touch base with my little blog tonight. I hope I have a voice for it tomorrow. Although I probably still won't be able to sing. No way is that happening for a few more days! lol

Blessings to you, anyone who reads this.

For His Grace and Glory,
Janell


3 comments:

Thanks for sharing with me!