Monday, December 21, 2009

Fruitful Morning :-)

The day started out with a game of basketball. I take that back... it was more like SIX games! Last night I got a text inviting me to get up super early on this non-school day (translated: 8:00) in order to battle it out on the court in some friendly ball playing. And without a moment's hesitation, I agreed.

That's how I found myself in sweats and a hasty ponytail scraping a respectably thin layer of ice off my windshield at 7:55 this morning. But you know (except for the dreadful instant my alarm clock switched on) I never once regretted saying yes to the game. In fact, I walked away wondering, "Why don't I do this more often?" Even when a group of friends isn't beside me in doing it, why do I not challenge myself physically on a regular basis?
Ever since playing soccer for the first two months of the semester, Iowa has been too cold for my liking to excersize and I haven't held it top priority to grace the weight room with my presence.
But today's exhilerating basketball game showed me that the workout
will be worth it. Even when I'm tempted to stay in bed for the extra hour of unnecessary sleep.... It could never be as gratifying as getting up and getting moving!

Now I post this blog as a way of jogging my memory to these sensible thoughts when everything in me begs to um, PLEASE, NOT JOG early in the morning.

Hmm, do I sense a seed of New Year's Resolution in the making?.... lol


P.S. Thank you to my friends this morning who possessed enough insanity to include me in your early morning b-ball endeavors. It was great fun guys! Note: if any of my college friends are struck with the same desire, let me know and I'd gladly welcome a few faithful workout buddies :-)

1 comment:

  1. so i guess im the first to comment? what a strange feeling......oh wait ive had this feeling before when im first in line to get something to eat at potluck!!! well ill go with you to the weight room. you'll just have to put up with a non-talkive nina in the morning. shocking i know!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!