Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First post ever.

This is a happy day. 
I'm listening to the birds sing. 

That's right. In December, in Missouri. It doesn't matter the weather - the best place to be is on my back deck enjoying the porch swing and the fresh air. While I'm away at school, of course I miss my parents, and my brothers, and my dog. I miss my awesome friends back here in Missouri. And yes, I miss my swing. 

     But you didn't get on to hear me talk about that! I was telling you the reason for this happy day.... You see, I have always wanted to start my own blog. I find the idea irresistibly appealing. It's like an online scrapbook of sorts! There is room to tone my writing skills, pictures are always welcome, and there are everyday stories to be shared and thoughts to be expressed. I won't claim to have the best ideas or the most captivating stories. But with every effort I have, I will strive to be "authentically me" in this blog. 

I am nothing special in and of myself. Just a clay pot that the Master is molding patiently and faithfully. 

II Corinthians 4:7 
For we have this treasure in earthen vessels; that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 

If He can use these posts to make His work a little more defined within my mind - engraved upon my heart - then it will have accomplished its purpose. And I hope whatever you may read here will encourage you that you are not alone in your struggle for sanctification. Keep pressing on my friend! 

Blessings, on this happy First-Blogging-Day,
Janell :-)  

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO happy for you that you finally found the time to do this. I love you posts, they are very well written. I hope there are many more to come :) Merry Christmas Janell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!