Saturday, December 18, 2010

Life-Changing

During this break, I've seriously been spoiled with so much extra time to think and reflect. And I am thankful for the wave of things God has been teaching me in the blessed time He has given. Here's the thing that hit me extra strongly today... 

Friendship is not based on how other people perceive me (or even how I think they perceive me). Because if it is either of these foundations than it is all about me, and it will crumble, if not sooner, than later. 
Count on it. 

My friendships now and in the future had better be based on a love for my Lord Jesus and an unshaken love for His people. It's the only way a friendship has the hope to stand in the hard times. 

"Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them." 

I always thought it was a cute phrase. A little simplistic really.... I never quite understood what profound truth lies in that song. 
Until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!