Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reason to Celebrate


It's been interesting to be at work the last couple days in the restaurant and hear the Christmas chatter. If I ask "What are you doing for Christmas?" I am liable to get so many different answers.... 

When you're a kid it's easy. It's that magical time that you hear stories of Jesus' birthday from your parents and your Sunday school teachers for a whole month while the days escalate with anticipation of that time you'll be able to finally know what all those enticing packages are under the tree! 

But then you grow up, and you realize that it's not just all lights and sparkles and surprises.... 

To some people it's seeing great uncles and second cousins that they hardly know and having to sit around making small talk for hours... 
To some people it's rushing to mall mad-houses and finding the perfect gift for everyone within range of closeness that might get them a gift back... 
To some people it's just a day. 
A hyped up, commercialized, traditionalized day that they would just a soon treat like any of the rest of the 364 days of the year. 

But during the past few days, I have been challenged with what I really mean when I refer to "the true meaning of Christmas." 

Christmas sets in motion 2,000 years ago the very thing that has completely changed my life today. 

AND my eternity.

What does Christmas mean to me? It means everything. 

1 comment:

  1. It means everything to me too!
    Praise God for sending us Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!