Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rich

2 in the drawer of my nightstand.
1 very special one on top of my nightstand.
1 pocket size one in my purse right now on the floor.
1 program on the internet where I can look up one in any translation I so desire.
1 in dad's lap as he reads it to my little brother.
4 on the family bookshelf in the living room.
2 on my teenage brother's shelf when he asked me to grab one for Sunday School this morning.
Pieces of it all throughout my Bible college notes organized downstairs.
Chapters and verses tucked away in my mind and heart to recall at any moment....

There are people in the world right now that would give anything for just one.
For just a portion of one.
In their own language.
In their possession.

And here I am with all these beautiful versions and translations and copies and resources of

B I B L E S

right at my fingertips!
I am rich.

Who am I to deserve such rich Words of God? All I can do is thank Him. And study His Words. And cherish them.

"The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold."
Psalm 119:72, 127

2 comments:

  1. Wow Janell! So true! Thanks for the reminder!!!

    {-Abs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for leaving me a comment Abby! I've been reading the book "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn, and it's amazing to me all that the Chinese church goes through! That book is so powerful. I'm sure you'd love it.... maybe when I'm done you could borrow it! Then I'll get to read the books that I am borrowing from you. They look sooo good.

    I haven't seen you in far too long, my friend! Thankfully, I do not feel as much like death warmed over anymore. Looking forward to seeing you at church once again after my spring break's over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!