Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Beautiful Soul

Some people sparkle. 

(and for all you Twilight fans, I am NOT talking about the glistening skin of a vampire-person...thing. That's just in the "creepy" zone.) 

I am talking about the hearts of some people. Who is it in your life that God continually uses to radiate His grace and goodness and love and faithfulness, just through the blessing of their friendship? 
It's true what the Bible says in Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart with all diligence. For out of it are the issues of life." It's clear to see when good things are going into one's heart, because good things will come pouring out practical life. 
How is it I am so blessed to have people around me possessing such beautiful hearts? I am truly grateful to have met a number of these people in my lifetime. It's the smile that reaches the eyes; the hearing each other out even if we reach a different conclusion; the inspiration to be better than I am now.

Such is the case with the amazing twins I just spent an entire evening with! Four hours in a corner booth passed by in a fleeting instant! I could listen and talk til the stars fall (or the place closes up for the night :-) 
She told me, "Focus on God. Whenever you get depressed or tempted to complain about your life, remember all the God has done for you and all He has given you." 

Well to start with, He has given me these great  friends.... 

Oooh and we watched "The Princess and the Frog" tonight. It was totally completely adorable!!  And it was surprisingly hilarious.(if you can get past the weird Voodoo Bad-Guy.) Yeah, if you get the chance... WATCH IT :-) 



I LOVE my Girlfriends!:

"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the face."     - Victor Hugo

"Girlfriends understand the healing properties of laughter, chocolate, and a good, long shopping trip." 

"What a thing friendship is, world without end!
How it gives the heart and soul a stir-up!"       
                                                                          -Robert Browning

"True friends are those who are better together than either of them could be alone." 
                                                                                   -Anonymous

"God's goodness to us is revealed in our friendships.... They hold the blessings we were created to enjoy - laughter, encouragement, compassion, generosity, forgiveness, and love."

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Janell! This is possibly the SWEETEST thing that I have ever read. It made me cry!! Thank you for your amazingly sweet words. You are such a superb friend that God has blessed me with! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!