Saturday, January 2, 2010

I didn't mean to make any resolutions... They just kinda happened!

This Year (2010):

 

I will not hide behind my religion, but I will grow in it.

 

I will share my faith as compassionately, as knowledgably, and as bravely as my little brother does.


 I will not be fake with anyone.

 

I will not be afraid of my feelings, or of expressing them.

 

I will be a listener. I’ll hear what people are really trying to tell me. I’ll pay attention to the intricacies of who that person is. I won’t stereotype.

 

I will try as best as I possibly can, to not pass judgment on a person until I have the full story.

 

I will write. I will blog. I will write poems, novels, letters, whatever I am called to write.

 

I will scrapbook. Because I feel alive and like I have done something of value when I do that.

 

I will dream of rolling waves and seagulls, and of towering pine-covered mountains far more often than I do now. Because they are happy places to me.

 

I will read all the Harry Potter books, just to say I did. To make Derrick get off my back about them. J

 

I will be more like this family I know and love, because they are the most accepting, giving, sacrificing people I’ve met, and they welcome with open arms.

 

I’ll make lists. Because as annoying as all these fragmented sentences are, they help me know what I’m thinking.

 

This Year (2010): My world will not revolve around me.

This I pray, dear God. 

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing with me!