Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Climax

I've got so much buzzing around in my head! But, I suppose most of all, I should tell you about how my orals test went, because that's the story I left off with....

God is SO good to me - much better than I ever deserve. I basically knew I would need to stand up front and answer any question dealing with a particular one of the ten Bible doctrines my professor assigned to me. If I don't do this, I don't graduate college, so this was a big deal in my mind. This test is sort of like the climax of every four year student at the college! Ever since freshman year, you know they're coming....

When Wednesday morning came, I was nervous and antsy, but at the same time, I knew what it would do to me if I studied for the 3 hour break that I had right before test time. I didn't want to burn out like that, so instead, I read, played guitar, talked to God, and took a little nap.
Then about 20 minutes before class, I went over to my study-buddy's room and asked her if she would quiz me just to "get my brain in gear."
The one doctrine I really felt I needed a little refresher in was the doctrine of "the Church."
So we did some review, talked through it, and headed off to class.

Guess which one my professor announced that I would be talking about that day??

You got it! - the Church!!

I could hardly believe the way my great God had pieced it all together. He had known exactly which one I would get, and in His Sovereign grace, He allowed that one to be the one that was the most recently studied in my mind.

Isn't God good like that? He continually shows Himself strong and faithful to me.
I am only His weak, insufficient child, yet He. Loves. Me. Wow!

And I love Him back.

He gave me peace and confidence in my answers, and for that I am grateful. I'm grateful for tests like that (in school and in life) that keep me leaning on Him and realizing that I cannot do it on my own.

Anyway, speaking of "doing" things. I have some homework to finish up for tomorrow. Better go work on Handwriting..... :-)

P.S. A VERY happy birthday to my brother, Wesley. Seven years old, as of today!

3 comments:

  1. That is very cool :o) I was wondering how those went for you.

    Happy birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie! On both accounts :-) Missed you guys this past Wednesday.... It's so great having "Blondie" on the days you are able to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!