Friday, November 18, 2011

*SURPRISE*

Somebody had these roses delivered to me yesterday,
in celebration of my spiritual birthday.


November 17 always has, and always will be, the most significant day of my life. It signifies the special day eighteen years ago when I first believed that Jesus had the power to wash away my sin, and that day I asked Him to do so.


They are absolutely gorgeous, not just in the way they look, but also when I walk into my dorm room, I can immediately smell their beauty. (The benefits of living in a relatively small room, I guess! :-)



Whenever I see them, I am inwardly overwhelmed and joyous at how God works. I don't deserve it at all, yet He gives me way more than I even ask for! Things like this are signs of His extravagant love for me.


I don't know who they are from....


But if you read my blog, a resounding "Thank you" for thinking of me and for making God bigger and even more real in the center of my life :-) It's awesome.


Look, I had to take a picture of the bottom part too.... It looks like a small rosebud FOREST growing up out of that vase!


There are so many, I can't even fit them all in one picture! 24 little gems of God's goodness in my life. I am so blessed.

Father, so much has been given to me. Please lay on my heart some ways which I can spread the blessing out to those around ME! :-)

5 comments:

  1. God bless you! What a wonderful celebration! I accepted Christ on my 9th birthday, after much haggling with the Holy Spirit about the "family" coming over after church for lunch and how no one would want to wait while I went down to talk with our pastor. Little did I know it was the best decision I'd ever make and my family was thrilled, of course! So, when I turn 49 this year, it'll really be the big 4-0! :)

    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    The Yellow Rocking Chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Melly! What a blessing to be saved at that time of your life. (And the thing about being "over the hill" spiritually, made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's neat to see you blogging again! This is a neat post. What a blessing to receive such beautiful flowers for you spiritual birthday! A very inspiring idea! Sometimes anonymous gifts are doubly special because it turns your heart right to God who obviously worked in the person's heart to give so freely. It really wows you! God bless you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous!! That is certainly a thing to celebrate!
    PS I loved the Dr Newman quote that you left on my blog... Im going to write it out and tape it on the mirror in our rom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures Janell.....you are an amazing girl and keep being a great example and big sister in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!