Sunday, March 7, 2010

Piece of my heart halfway around the world

I brainstormed many possible names for this blog. And even now my brain is still running a mile a minute to decide if this is the best of names or if there is a better one out there. I think this one does very accurately depict the type of girl I am and what I'm all about. And yet, the only qualms I have with it is that, with the focus on the joys of this "little corner of the world" I run the risk of looking ONLY at those things. There's a great big world out there and I want very much to be aware of it and not neglect to acknowledge it, even in my humble blog posts once in a while.

So speaking of the great big world....

I just have to interject about Africa.

Thoughts of this warm and wild continent still linger in my mind on a daily basis. They never really quite go away. It's like once you've been there and seen it with your own two eyes it casts it's Any mention of Africa and it's history or struggles or stories can immediately perk up my ears. There is definitely a special place in my heart for this precious country. When you think of them, would you be willing to pray with me for it's Christians who serve so faithfully and tirelessly? I know they would way appreciate it!

Here's the video of our South Africa Team from 2009: It's totally worth the watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!