Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Clarify

I've been thinking about my "review" for that book... 

The thing that keeps me so intrigued by this series is the deep bond that this little self-constructed family shares with each other. I love the different ways that express that affection and how well they know each other inside and out. 

The most magnetic pull of the books on me is that they remind me of the complexity of every person. There are no "stereotypes" found in these pages. Dee H. so intricately weaves together all the details of a character's
words 
          tastes
                     reactions 
                                    and history 
in order to reveal a complex and intriguing person with a unique perspective on the world.

Sometimes in my hurry throughout life I fail to recognize these details that make up the people in my own life. These books spark in me a greater appreciation for the reality of who every person is, not just the box they can be categorized in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!