Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Better Communicator

My roommate shared in dorm devotions last night about how small, yet powerful the words we say can be.
That prompted me to meditating on these verses today....

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Eph 4:29

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Col 4:6

"She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Prov 31:26


"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Ps 19:14

My prayer lately is definitely that the Lord would make me a better communicator of his grace and His love, through the avenue of the way I talk.
So what, if I have all the Bible knowledge in the world, if I don't know how to communicate it well? Or what profit is it if my speech betrays me and compromises godly testimony?

The power the tongue holds is crucial for the furtherance of the Gospel.
Father, santify my speech and the attitude behind it, along with the other areas you are working on in my life. It's a huge struggle to not be sarcastic, harsh, disconnected, or careless with my words.

"If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.... Even so, the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things." James 3:2,5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!