Friday, February 18, 2011

Still Learning

I'm amazed at how much my guitar has become a part of my life in just two short months! I started in January when Jeremy was around to show me the basics. Once I knew several of the foundational chords I started learning more and more from the book on my own.
Now it sits by my desk and beckons my name while I try to work on homework....

I'm amazed by how fast time passes when I am practicing with it. Now I use it as a reward - "If I get x number of pages read, then I can play 2 songs on the guitar."
I'm amazed at how much I love the sound of the violin and the guitar together! AnaLee and I have been wanting to get together to play (her on the violin, me on the guitar) for several weeks now, and finally it worked out! That was such an awesome time. Even with being roommates all last year, something about being able to sit down and worship God together in song bonded us together on a new level.

(I love that I can mess up in front of her with no guilt at all :-) She just says "Let's do it again," and we go back and play til we get it right. And when that happens it sounds so cool!)

Ana, we'll have to do this again sometime real soon....

3 comments:

  1. I didn't no Ana Lee played the violin! That's so neat! And yes, it sounds great with the guitar...or the accordion. If only I can find someone here who plays one of those instruments so I can play my violin with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, violin and accordion? That Would be a cool combination! Maybe if you practice it right, you can master both at one time. (then you can start a traveling one-man show and pay the rest of your way through college :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that might work! Well, probably not, but it's fun to think about :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!